Sunday, September 14, 2008

Evergreen (one-shot)

Under a tree that blooms throughout the year, I’m sitting here in our special place waiting for you.

Together with the cool breeze that hits to my skin, I always remember the past and I couldn’t stop my tears from falling.

I hope that you could hear me from where you are……….

I hope that you’ve realized that my heart beats just for you, only you……….

I hope that you’ll never forget me……….

I hope that I still have a place in your heart……….

I hope that one day you’ll be back in my arms……….


I always ponder on this question “Why did you have to leave?” Was it just a dream when you said that you’ll never leave me? But did you have to leave like that? 
Without even saying goodbye?

Now what’s left for me are just the memories that we’ve shared.
That will be forever kept and safely treasured here in my heart…

(Flashback....)

“Damn it! Damn it! Damn it! WAAAAH!!!! I hate this world! Why do I need to lose my job that keeps me alive all these years? And it happened when I’m about to graduate! Another problem is, my boyfriend broke up with me. Worst part is that he left me not because of another woman but because of a GUY! Damn it! Could anything get worst?”
I vented out my anger to the evergreen tree right in front of me.

“Mom, dad, I hope you’re here with me today. I know that even if I’m experiencing this hardships, everything will be alright because you guys are always there to support me” A tear escaped my eyes while reminiscing the past.

Laying on the green grass, watching the starts up above. I noticed a figure just about a meter or two away from me. I could hear him utter words, words of hatred……


“I hate my life, I want to die!” the man said

“Oh well! Just let him be. At least he doesn’t commit suicide by jumping off to the sea” 
I yawned while mumbling those words

But the next thing that I heard was…….

“Gee! I think I’m really meant to die tonight by jumping off this cliff.”
Those last four words strucked through my ears. Before I was too late, I got my lazy ass up and stopped this stranger.

“Hey you drunk person, wearing a tank top with a beanie on his head that is about to jump off the cliff, STOP!” I shouted my lungs off just to get his attention.

“WHAT?!” he asked annoyed “Why are you stopping me?”

“Actually I’m not stopping you. I just want to postpone your trip to your deathbed.” I answered calmly

“And why is that so?” *hiccup* he asked again

“Dude! Don’t add up to my problems. I don’t want to miss school for a reason that I was traumatized because I saw an intoxicated man that jumped off from a cliff and right IN FRONT OF ME! Understand?” I explained it straight to the point.

“Mianhamnida! It won’t happen again.” *hiccup* he made a 180 degree bow while saying it.

“Just don’t jump off, ok? Well goodnight!” I hurriedly bid farewell to the guy.

When I was still halfway, still I could hear him talking to himself.

“Goodbye grass, goodbye worms, goodbye Earth! I will miss you so much. Mi Ultimo Adios!!” Seriously? Is this guy in his right mind? Who would bid farewell even to the smallest details?

And again being a good person that is expected of me, I ran back to where he is and pulled him back towards my direction.

“Uff” Both of us landed on the ground with him being on top of me. And GOD knows he is heavy!

“Mr. Teddy? Fluffy Mr. Teddy? Is this you? Aw let me hug you!” Together with his mumbling he hugged me! Oh well, since I don’t know who the hell this guy is. I think it’s better if I bring him back home…..

(Man’s POV)

*BANG BANG BANG!*

My head hurts so much! It feels like I’m banging my head to a stone hedge! But as I opened my eyes everything was unfamiliar to my sight.

“Ouch my head hurts!”

“Good Morning Mr. Teddy!” I heard a woman’s voice.
“Yeah, Morning!” I yawned while saying that

“Come on have some breakfast. I know that your hangover is bothering you. That’s why I made you some soup!” she said while walking to the table.

I followed her to where she is and I also studied her house. I could tell that she lives alone and she is still studying. College maybe? I really wonder.

“Hey! Earth to Mr. Teddy?” she waved her hands right in front of me.

“Yow, What is it?” I asked

“I said take a seat and lets have breakfast” she replied

Breakfast went well, we talked about the things that happened last night. I even choked while hearing the ridiculous things that I did.

“Seriously? I did all those things?” I was hitting my chest to breath properly

“Believe it or not Mr. Teddy you did all those crazy things! You even bid farewell to your toes and to the worms! HAHAHAHAHA!” could you believe it guys? She is laughing her head off right in front of me! The next thing I knew I was sinking on my seat because of embarrassment.

“Yah! Don’t call me Mr. Teddy! I have a name you know!” I said a little bit annoyed.


(Eliza’s POV)

I can see that he is embarrassed of what he heard hahaha! What a gullible guy!

“Yah! Don’t call me Mr. Teddy! I have a name you know!” I can sense annoyance in his voice.

“Speaking about names Mr. Teddy, we’ve been talking about for an hour now but still we haven’t formally introduced ourselves to each other.” I said to him

“Anyway, I’m Eliza Lee 21 years of age. How about you Mr. Teddy?”

“I’m Yunho, Jung Yunho to be exact 22 years old. Nice to meet you Eliza.” And then he flashed his million dollar smile!

(End Of POV)

(Yunho’s POV)

“Uhm.. Eliza” I hesitantly got her attention

“Yes? What is it?” she asked

“Uhm could…. Could I stay here for a week?” I shyly asked. But you know what I get? Let me tell you.. A COLD STARE!

“I---I promise I’ll pay you…. You know for me saying here…?” I stuttered. And again she eyed me back. But now it was more intense!

“I-- I assure you Eliza, I’m a good guy, I’ll not take advantage of you!” God those were the most embarrassing words that I said! Who said that convincing someone was easy?

(End of Yunho’s POV)

(Eliza’s POV)

I was mentally slapping my self and controlling my laughter. Who would have thought that this guy was such a dork! I eyed him once again. Seems like he is scared whenever I stare at him.

“Ok a week is fine.” I gave in to his request.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you very much Eliza!” he got up from his seat and hugged me like there is no tomorrow.

“Uhm Yunho…. Can’t breath!” I was slapping his muscular arms.

“Sorry I can’t control myself” he apologized.

Well it’s only for a week anyway.

BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who would have thought that letting him stay will bring changes to my life?

Days passed me and Yunho grew close to each other. I didn’t expect that I would fall for him. It even crossed my mind that I should tell him what I feel. But what’s the use? A day from now we will go to our separate ways.

It became our habit to spend the night near the evergreen tree and watch the stars up above while randomly talking about things in life.

“Eliza?” Yunho asked

“Yes oppa?”

“Do you know what the evergreen tree stands for?”

“I don’t know” I said to him “Care to share?”
“Well just as the name emplies Evergreen. All throughout the year it has leaves attached to it’s branches. Even if it’s winter season, it never fails to show green leaves that is pleasing for the eyes. For me it also signifies hope and an undying love.” 
He explained. But there is something in his voice when he said those. I couldn’t just distinguish it though.

“Wow! I guess this will be the best gift that you can give to your love one, right oppa?”

There was no response so I looked back at him. He was asleep. I just stayed there. I didn’t have the courage to wake him up. I just stayed there. Memorizing every detail of his face. His sexy jawline, his kissable lips, his nose, his eyelashes… His Everything!

I just stayed there. Because I know that this will be the last time that I can be this close to him. How I wish I could control the time and stay like this forever.

My subconscious mind took over me and the next thing I knew, I planted a kiss on his lips while a tear escaped my eye. Before he could wake up I got up and pretended that nothing happened.

(End of Eliza’s POV)

(Yunho’s POV)

I could feel a pair of eyes starring at me. I felt a pair of soft lips that kissed me and a dropped of water? Was she crying? Why? Is it because I’m leaving? But then she quickly got up and walked away. 

How I wanted her to stay by my side. So I opened my eyes, got up and walked to where she is. 

“Eliza?” I hugged her from behind

“What’s wrong?”

“I know I’m hot and ooh so dead gorgeous, so if you want to kiss me just tell me and I’d be happy to give you one.. OK?” Even though it seems like a joke but deep inside I’m serious.

“What? Don’t be so full of yourself Mr. Jung Yunho. Besides I know you’re gay!”

“I’m what?” I asked irritated

“Ahh… Mr. Teddy is shy! It’s ok Yunho, I still accept a gay friend like you.” She said while patting my head

“And where did you get the idea?”

“I saw you hugging a guy…”
“That’s it? I became gay just because I hugged a guy?”

“Yeah! Mr. Teddy is…” before she could finish what she was supposed to say, I just kissed her not knowing why. Maybe I was just pissed because she said I was gay. Me? Jung Yunho a hot guy, gay? NEVER!

(End of Yunho’s POV)

(Eliza’s POV)

“Mr. Teddy is…” before I could finish what I was saying he just kissed me right there and then. I didn’t stop him. I want this first and last kiss of ours to be memorable. But sad to say it ended earlier than I expected.

I don’t want awkwardness to take place at the moment, so I just cracked a joke.

“WOW! Yunho! I never knew that gays could be such great kissers! I want to have more!.”

“Bwoh? Do you still believe that I’m gay? FINE FINE! I give up! I’m going back now.” And he made his way back to the house.

Oops! I think I made him mad, and I better apologize. So I followed him back to his room and I saw him wrapped within his blanket.

“Yunho oppa?” I sat next to him on his bed

“Don’t talk top me!” Dude! That’s why I believe that he is gay. True guys don’t ignore girls.

“Ow come on oppa..” I poked him at his sides.

“Stop it! Don’t wanna talk to you.” He answered coldly

Is this guy’s heart rock solid? “Fine I’m going!” Before I could take another step, he grabbed me back to his arms.

“Uhm oppa? What are you doing?”

“This is your punishment for calling me gay!” I swear if this is what punishment is like, I would always call him gay.

“Let’s just stay like this for a while.” Why does it seems like he sounded so…. Sad while saying those things? I wanted to comfort him to take all his worries away. I just gathered up all my courage and I hugged him back.

(3rd Person’s POV)

“I want the remaining time between us to be special. I wanted to be at her side, always protecting her and giving her warmth during the cold nights. I’m sorry Eliza but I can’t.
I hope that you’ll wait for me Eliza, I hope you would.” Yunho said those words to the sleeping figure beside her and he ended planting a kiss to the girls lips.

(End of POV)

Cold… It’s so cold. Why do I feel this way? As I opened my eyes I didn’t see the person whom I wanted to see. I got up and searched for him. In the kitchen, at the garden… EVERYWHERE! But to no avail he was nowhere to be found.

The moment I laid my eyes at the side table, I saw a letter that was addressed to me. I was scared, scared because I don’t want the truth to knock me off my feet.

I was anticipating for this time to come, but why does it hurt so much? Tears kept falling down from my eyes non stop. Finally, I gathered up all my strength to read the letter.


My Dearest Eliza,

The moment you read this letter maybe I’m on my way home. I’m sorry for leaving you without even saying goodbye. There are just certain things that I need to settle back home. I know I might be rude, but I don’t want to see your crying face when I’m about to leave. Please understand, it’s also hard for my part.

You know Eliza, I’m thank the Lord up above because he gave me a chance to meet a person like you. You’re the only person that has accepted me for who I really am. You gave me the love that I need, you’ve made me the happiest person in the whole wide world.

Have you remembered what I said to you about the Evergreen tree? If you do I hope that our friendship will last forever just like the Evergreen tree.

Lastly, I’m not sure if I told you this but I want to say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

There are still a lot of things I want to say. But I know there is a right time for everything.

I love you and take care always…


Love.
Yunho


Why do you have to leave like that? Why? I didn’t even have the chance to say goodbye. 

I guess it’s already late to regret over the things that I didn’t do, the words that I didn’t say and the emotions that I didn’t show. Maybe he is right. There is always a right time for everything.

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months, and months turned to years but yet I’m still waiting for him to come back.

“Atty. Eliza, Mr. Shim would like to talk to see you.” That was my secretary Ayumi.

“Thank you Ayumi, I’ll be there.” I replied back.

*Knock Knock*

“You called for me Max?” I asked

“Yeah, Eliza a client would like to meet you.” Max said while looking through his files

“Sure! When and where?”

“Today at your house.” He replied bluntly

“What?! Tell me you’re joking Max?” I whined

“No I’m not and I’m damn serious Eliza.” He said while eyeing me.

“He’s not a perv right?” I jokingly asked

“haha! Of course he’s not. Go now the client is waiting.” And with that he pushed me off his office.

I was rushing my lungs off to my house because I don’t want to be late especially in front of my clients. And guess what? My client, whoever he is was already an hour late!

Bored to death of waiting, I walked towards the Evergreen tree. How big has it grown in a span of 2 years. I remembered that it was the only witness on what happened between the two of us. 

Yunho…

I hope that you could hear me from where you are……….

I hope that you’ve realized that my heart beats just for you, only you……….

I hope that you’ll never forget me……….

I hope that I still have a place in your heart……….

I hope that one day you’ll be back in my arms……….

I hope that you’ll be back soon……….

“I’m back Eliza” a person hugged me from behind

I looked back and saw him.

The person that I’ve waited for so long, the person that I truly love.

“Missed me?” he asked with a smile across his face

I didn’t reply, instead I hugged him back and buried my face in his chest.

How long have I waited to be in his arms once again…

How long have I been longing to hear him utter my name that was like music to my ears…

“Pabo! I missed you very much.” I cried harder

“Ow come on don’t cry! Mr. Teddy will be sad.” He joked

“Don’t ever leave me ok?” I asked him while looking at his eyes

He just looked at me then he kissed my hands “I promise” he kissed my eyes “I promise” he kissed the tip of my nose “I promise” and lastly he kissed me gently on my lips and he said “I promise”.

I tried saying what I really felt but he stopped me with another kiss.

How long have I wanted to kiss those lips again.

Those lips that made me realize what I really feel towards him.

And the moment he broke off the kiss, I finally heard the sweetest words that I was longing to hear……

I LOVE YOU!.....


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi to all of you! Well I'm here again for a new post....
You might be wondering why I'm posting a story here but SURPRISE SURPRISE! Writing stories is also one of my hobbies... (too bad nowadays I don't have time to write that much... T-T huhuhu!)
Uhmm.... Ok I'll tell you guys the origin of this story....

The story was inspired from a song, a DBSK song to be exact and it has the same title which is Evergreen.
It’s obviously a sad love song but I’ve noticed that it also promises assurance to someone that he will make her happy always. The line that struck me most was: “Evergreen I was a clumsy idiot who lived without realizing the love you gave me.” I can say that the guy was insensitive towards the girls’ feelings. He may have sticked to friendship all along and he didn't realized the love that was given to him. I've noticed that actually insensitivity happens by choice, it’s not a human nature. It’s just that some people are too blind to see what is really going on. 
BUT! DUN DUN DUN DUN! All of us can start once again... can we?

Hope you enjoy reading the story.....
And I want to say I'm sorry if the post doesn't make any sense.... hehehe....

Well another post is about to end! Gotta go back to my assignments! 
Take care guys! 

No comments: